Child support grant | South African Government

If you are needy, you can get a grant to help you raise the child you look after.

How do you know if you qualify?

You must:

  • Be the child’s primary caregiver (e.g. parent, grandparent or a child over 16 heading a family). Note: If you are not the child’s parent, you must provide proof that you are the child’s primary caregiver through an affidavit from a police official, a social worker’s report, an affidavit from the biological parent or a letter from the principal of the school attended by the child.
  • Be a South African citizen or permanent resident.
  • Not earn more than R48 000 per year if you are single. If you are married, your combined income should not be above R96 000 per year.

The child must:

  • be under the age of 18 years
  • not be cared for in a state institution
  • live with the primary caregiver…

Read More

*** This news item is 3rd party content and is included strictly for non-commercial informational purposes.